This inaugural exhibit will include visual artworks inspired/informed by the themes of Continuum and/or by the breath, sound and movement explorations of Continuum. Works will reflect that the contributor has dwelled in the practice of Continuum over time, bringing artistic integrity, depth, coherence, and potency to the work.
Specific Guidelines for This Exhibit
- We welcome submissions of Visual Artworks, inspired and/or informed by Continuum Movement, and easily exhibited on wall space, with appropriate hanging method intact. A limited number of free-standing artworks can be accepted, with stable stands provided by each contributor. Size of such works will also be a determining factor.
- For consideration, please submit the following, by email only, to email@example.com no later than August 1, 2014. Continuum Movement Arts will respond by September 15, 2014.
- PDF’s of no more than 3 artworks each labeled with your last name, title of work and dimensions.
- Biographical statement: 50 – 75 words
- Statement about how Continuum has informed your artistic expression: 50 – 75 words
- A brief statement describing your involvement with Continuum Movement, including length of time, teachers, frequency of practice, and any other factors you would like us to know.
- If you are not a Continuum teacher, please list a Continuum teacher as a reference.
- All accepted exhibitors are responsible for bringing in and picking up their artwork during the specific hours listed below. Contributors are also responsible for unpacking/repacking and storing their own packing materials during the week. (This is due to the multi-use nature of the exhibition space, very limited storage facilities, security concerns and the schedules of the volunteer show curators. Works cannot be mailed or shipped to Moving Body Resources.)
- Art work arrival time – Sunday, October 26, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Art work departure time – Sunday, November 2, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- If you are not able to arrive and depart at these times, you must find someone who can do this for you. Please understand that this is the only way we can exhibit in this particular space.
- Further Note: Moving Body Resources is locked during evening hours and open during the day with people entering for workshops and private sessions via an outdoor buzzer controlled from within the studio for entrance. Although there has never been a breach of security regarding any artwork displayed at Moving Body Resources, Continuum Movement Arts wants you to understand the display circumstances. Moving Body Resources and Continuum Movement Arts are not able to assume financial responsibility for damage or loss of artwork.
- If you make your artwork available for sale, we respectfully request that you consider donating a percentage of the proceeds to Continuum Movement Arts. Continuum Movement Arts is currently entirely self-funded by the Curator, and any support is welcome. CMA will soon have a not-for-profit organization to serve as fiscal sponsor, making donations tax deductible.
- Accepted works will be exhibited with your submitted bio and statement (see above).
- All submissions to this CALL FOR ART will also be considered for the Continuum Movement Arts website virtual exhibition space.
Click here to download a PDF of these guidelines. Please direct all communications to Elaine Colandrea, Continuum Movement Arts Curator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in making an arts movement out of Continuum-inspired art!
Drawing by Mary Abrams
Take Part In The First Continuum Movement Arts Visual Art Exhibit!
Studio Exhibit of Continuum Movement-Inspired Art
Moving Body Resources
112 West 27th St, 4th floor
NY, NY 10001
Monday, October 27, through Sunday, November 2
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
5:30 PM -7:30 PM